Education - Visitors with Disabilities
Grades K-12 | College Students | Teachers & Educators | Community Programs | Adults | Families | Visitors with Disabilities | Outreach Programs
- NCMA recognizes the diversity of our general public's
abilities and needs, and offers a variety of programs and
services to ensure accessibility of the museum to all
- Our facility is accessible to all visitors and is equipped
with both ramps and an elevator.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come,
first-served basis and are located in the coatroom in the lobby.
Motorized wheelchairs are permitted.
- A single-user/handicapped restroom is located on the ground
- NCMA also offers a range of customized programs for visitors
Accessible to people with visual impairments
- For the past several years NCMA has been meeting the
challenge of making the visual arts accessible to people who
are blind or who have other visual impairments. NCMA offers two
Insights into Sculpture tours of the museum's Sculpture
Park. Participants will explore sculptural works created in
a variety of materials and styles by different artists.
Raised line drawings and maquettes will be available for
several of the works.
For all inquires call 516-484-9338 x12